Monday, August 6, 2007

Discovery

We went to visit the Bay Area Discovery Museum on Friday. I discovered a LOT of things while we were there.
The boys had an awesome time. Yeah, I forgot my camera so no photos. I did remember food, water and extra diapers, but the boys weren't thirsty, hungry, and no one did any eliminations-so, there you have it. I brought everything that I didn't need.
Anyway-
The museum is totally cool. Lots of fun stuff for little kids to play and explore. I only lost the kids a few times and never had to get security to help me find them.
Although-
I'm not sure that security would have been all that helpful. I mean, I think that to work at the Discover Museum, you have to be a card-carrying member of NORML. The guy working in the Arts and Crafts center looked like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, but more discheveled. And then when my oldest kept getting the ropes to the pulley tangled the guy would come over and try to untangle them and would just kind of giggle and say, "Dude-you really got them all tangled this time." And then my 4-year-old would untangle them himself (and let me just say that he was a super nice guy and was really sweet to all of the kids so I probably shouldn't be cracking on him.)
So, I'm walking around and noticing that there are a LOT of young mothers with their multiple children walking around. I was like, "Dang, she has got such a flat tummy for having had 3 kids--and she looks SO young." Then I was noticing that there were a bunch of women of color who had really light babies. And I was like, "Dang-her kids are light." Then I realized. These women aren't the mommies, they are Mommy's helper, au pairs, nannys, and the house keeper-duh. So then I am starting to catch on....
And then...
Oh yeah-Boobs!
I see this one woman with the biggest ones I have ever seen. She was skinny like Paris Hilton with like DD's. I mean, MAYBE she was nursing--but what about her 3 friends who weren't as skinny as her, but were very well, you know. And like, when they smiled, their foreheads didn't move.
I swear, Marin county is just the poor man's version of LA. I mean, Marin County might think it is San Francisco, but it ain't.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! I'm going to have to take my kids to this Marin County land...