Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Drop-Off

OK, so this is totally for reals MaCo stuff.
Today I'm dropping off my soon to be 5 year-old. I see one of the other Moms dropping off her twin daughters. Since my father's illness, she has been pretty friendly to me so I do a quick stop-and-chat.
Lemme give you some back story on her first. So one other morning we were chatting and she was asking me the "how do you do it?" question referring to my husband working very long hours and me carrying the bulk of the child caring load. My standard answer is that I just "keep on keeping on." Then she tells me, "Yeah, me too. I mean, having a nanny and daytime and a nighttime housekeeper helps, but really-I do pretty much everything."
--OK, so after the nanny is watching the kids (and what does a full-time nanny do while the kids are daycare? The grocery shopping?!) and the housekeepers keep the house, what IS it that she actually does?!
So then I'm thinking...maybe she was JOKING--Yes, she must have been joking.
Then today, I realize. She WASN'T joking.
Anyway, so today I ask, "How was your Mother's Day?"
Can I just tell you, she was SO HAPPY that I asked.
She tells me that she got
A new Mac Air and...
iTV and...
iTouch

Yeah. Then she starts complaining that now she is going to have to spend all this time learning how to use a Mac.
And I was thrilled with my Kirkland Signature 16 piece stainless steel cookware set.

No comments: